You’ve come to the decision of using an alternative currency, whether it be just an investment or for using as a payment method. Cryptocurrencies are a field that is in a constant change, some of these might fail and some might prevail, some remain stable but with little perspective. So, what are the things that can help you choose the right one?
Longevity is key
Decentralize Today is a blog that brings together experts on tech and cryptocurrency, and while their focus lies on blockchain type currencies like Bitcoin, it can be a handy insight into the industry as a whole.
An article published at the height of Bitcoin’s popularity last year, titled An Investor’s Guide To Cryptocurrencies: Picking The Winners & Avoiding The Losers, states thatthe rule of longevity, which is crucial in more common types of investments, is significant when investing in cryptocurrency as well.
Longevity means taking a long perspective in your investments, and as the article notes, not only in the product itself but those producing it as well. Your investment should be something which will be used long into the future. You should also take care to note any competitors and whether they have a potential to outperform your investment. Finally, there has to be a commitment from the developers that constantly improves on the product or service you’ve invested in.
To put it in short, as the article suggests, your cryptocurrency of choice should:
- Have a current or growing need for it
- Have few or insignificant threats or competition
- Have a team that puts great effort into developing it
The article thereon outlines several options of cryptocurrency to choose from, which are all based on the blockchain technology. Our suggestion is to take a look at Dag-chain instead.
Why choose a Dag-chain cryptocurrency?
‘Dag-chain vs blockchain cryptocurrencies’ is a debate that is only now getting momentum and with good reason – the former aims to improve on the latter, after all. If you take a look at the three characteristics outlined beforehand, the Dag-chain technology can easily be submitted to the rule of longevity.
- There is a need for it – fast and easy transactions are always in demand and Dag-chain is built with exactly these qualities in mind.
- Threats are low – DagCoin is currently the primary cryptocurrency based on the new technology and unique among its direct competitors.
- Development is ongoing – behind the Dag-chain technology the majority of the development team is hired professionals, not just volunteers doing it as a side job.
- Perfect for merchants – DagCoin has made a lot of improvements for online payments or to walk in customers directly in the store by providing wallets and backoffice system what is setting a whole new level in the whole monetary world.
In summary, when choosing your cryptocurrency, it can help to see it as picking a worthy investment – longevity means a certain kind of stability and can lead to great profit.